A quick history
NumberWorks'nWords was established in 1984 and is one of the world's longest-running tuition providers. From New Zealand, the franchise operation has expanded to include Australia in 1989, the Philippines in 1997, and England in 1999 and Singapore in 2013.
Today the worldwide business is owned and operated by Maurice Smith, Anne Smith, Sarah Simons and Dr. Ralph Wesseling. The tuition model caters for 11 levels of the school curriculum and NumberWorks'nWords centres collectively deliver more than 100,000 lessons every term. Our non-stop support systems ensure that every centre operates smoothly and profitably.
Our values are fundamental to our success. They are the foundation of our company and define who we are. They underlie our vision of the future, our business strategies and our decisions, actions and behaviours.
- A passion for teaching and a love of children
- A sense of fun that encourages personality and character
- Team spirit
- Knowledge and competence
- Flexibility and a willingness to change and learn
- Integrity, trustworthiness and high standards - moral and ethical
- Business acumen, vision and focus
- Ambition to grow
- To put the fun back into maths and English
- To be specialists in maths tuition and English tuition
- To treat children as individuals with individual needs
- To complement the maths and English they are learning at school
- To help build children's confidence and show them that they can conquer maths and read for pleasure
What people say about us
Jamie was not an outstanding student at the time and had been rather average in all his subjects in past years. He came for maths tutoring because he wanted to do well at Maths. He just needed that bit of confidence to lift his game and he got exactly that at NumberWorks'nWords...
I'm very impressed with your tutoring staff, as a parent I really appreciate the level of communication with me...
I'm pleased to report my child read his first 'chapter book' today. This is a major advance for him - something I know he would have waited a lot longer to have achieved...